Wednesday, November 07, 2007

the good girl

after all these years i've finally realized the kind of girl i need to be with. now it's just a matter of finding her.

i'm scared of the good girl, spent too much time with the bad ones. can't figure out what went wrong or where it changed but the great loves of my life were sweet (otherwise known to me as good) girls. the girl i should be with is a sweet person and i know because that's who i've always been drawn to. that's who makes me smile and cry and sacrifice.

i guess since i've become a bad boy a good girl will do nothing but make me good again. and for whatever reason that scares the shit out of me. but then i started thinking what is a good girl? someone who goes to bed early? someone who doesn't smoke, drink or have sexy time? i see a good girl as someone who has a heart for other people regardless of her actions. so am i really a bad boy? my actions speak louder than my words and my actions often make me look like a fool. but my heart (i hope) is good. it still beats with passion.

i've come across a few good girls in nashville and they have given up on me. it's the bad ones that want to keep me around. i think because i'm better than the bad ones and not quite as good as the good ones. in my quest for constancy and companionship i will not settle this time. i'll wait until i'm fifty if i have to in order that i might find a good girl. unfortunately they are like the kkk, not many left. well...not attractive ones anyway:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"they are like the kkk... not many left"
that is hilarious. you need a girl you can trust and be vulnerable with. no girl is a good girl 100%.

Anonymous said...

"they are like the kkk... not many left"
that is hilarious. you need a girl you can trust and be vulnerable with. no girl is a good girl 100%.

ASHER said...

your right, but some girls have an aroma that you can smell and hear and feel and almost touch. there are girls that have a soft good nature and there are girls that don't. the girls that do are the ones i feel at home with.

Anonymous said...

I use to feel like I was one of those girls. I liked who I was but the men who I fell so deep for were not wanting that. Bits of my heart was damaged. I was that type when I was with you but it was still wrong for both of us.We both left our mark (I hope for the better).

Cheers to you finding someone to make you feel whole again. You will always have a place in my heart but I have found my place were it was always meant to be. Without you and I it may never have happened. Thank you Asher.
--No need for names we know who I am --