Monday, September 10, 2007

i am an actor

for whatever reason when i moved to nashville i ended up being friends with a little gang of kids. everyone i know here is between 19-24. my closest friends are 21, 22, 23. that puts me 7 years ahead of my youngest friend. 7 years! sometimes i really feel like i'm acting. no one realizes i'm 28 until they see that obnoxious receding hairline that's creeping back very quickly.

i've been acting for about 7 months and i'm getting pretty good at it, though i often feel my age difference more than they do. it's probably because i've been through college, through a marriage, through a divorce (mostly), in and out of friendships and occasionally around the world. many of my friends skipped out on college, rarely if ever get out of the country and sure as hell haven't been married. how can they relate? how can i relate? yet we enjoy each other's company and we rarely even realize how far apart we really are. i guess it has it's pros and cons.

3 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

Hey! I found you! And I accidently marked you as spam when you asked to be my friend on myspace, sorry! will you ask me again? I'll say yes this time! Hope all is well with you, I wish you could meet our little guy, he's so much fun! Someday!

ASHER said...

i hope so too. how would a visit be? patty invited me to stay for a bit and i thought it would be fun to see you guys!

Emily Walenga said...

i totally understand what you are saying. When Chad was in college all our friends were like 18-21 yrs old. Here we were 26 yrs old with 2 kids... They totally could not relate to alot of our life. it was hard. (although i made some great friends thru it.)